Footprints

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Scenes from his life flashed across the sky
and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,
he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life
there was only one set of footprints.

Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
I don't understand why, when I needed you most,
you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child.
I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering
when you saw only one set of footprints...

That was when I carried you."


domingo, 10 de octubre de 2010

A Sunday Morning

The sun shines, people smile. I see dressed up children ready for sunday school with their parents along for church. A peculiar smell is in the atmosphere. NOTHING like a sunday morning. It is filled with a sense of...peace, when the breeze hits your face while you try to remove your hair off the way so that you can see the rather distinguished horizon.
I see the sky up above and all I see is blue glory. People buying plants for their gardens. Some go to work as it if were another normal day, and still others just stay home watching a movie and having time with their family, but it is still a sunday morning: shinny and brilliant for reasons unknown.
Trees follow their traditional journey, moving their branches back and forth; towards the wind and from it. The grass grows inch by inch. Babies cry, while kids run around playing and laughing, but the fact that it is a sunday morning never changes. Our hearts pump blood as any other day, and our minds get to things as if it were a Wednesday afternoon, but for some reason the sense of peace and joy make the day perfect for it to be called The Sabbath or just the day to rest; A Sunday Morning.

2 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

what a picture!

TaraIMhis dijo...

I love this!