Footprints

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Scenes from his life flashed across the sky
and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,
he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life
there was only one set of footprints.

Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
I don't understand why, when I needed you most,
you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child.
I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering
when you saw only one set of footprints...

That was when I carried you."


miércoles, 20 de octubre de 2010

How are you with GOD?!

As I walked down the hallways of my high school, all I felt was frustration and brokenness. My soul wasn't real, my mind was out of its normal being and all I could think of was crying and having my soul back. I kept walking and trying keep my tears back until I saw my 6th grade teacher walking towards me, of all she said the only thing I remember was her heart- felt question, "How are things going with God?" I froze. It was such a bad day to ask me that. I was blocked and I didn't know what to answer, but my mind immediately responded with a "great." I didn't know what to think. Was I really great? Was it just a bad day? What was going on, I didn't understand. Was I lying? And if I was, is that the type of question I want to lie about? I finally gave up on holding myself together. I had no immediate answers and I was extremely tired. I hid in an office and started weeping. All I could really do was cry and say I was sorry. "I am sorry Daddy," I said over and over again. my mind was lost out of the blue. I didn't know what was going on anymore. My mind blanked until I heard this gentle voice saying my name. She was trying to wake me up. I had fallen asleep from so much tears. I couldn't get up, but I had to go.
Now, the point is not me falling asleep and having to wake up, what I'm trying to point out is God and His faithfulness. As she tried to wake me up and didn't stop calling my name until I opened my eyes, in that same way God doesn't stop calling our names that easily, the only difference is that we become numb to his tender and soft voice. He is faithful to be there even when we aren't. That question troubled me. I was lost within it, but I realized that I fail and my perspective towards how life has to be needs to change more each day. My life doesn't need to be perfect because I fail, I'm human, but I can look at my life and say, "God take care of it because Jesus already suffered for me."

No hay comentarios: