Footprints

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Scenes from his life flashed across the sky
and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,
he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life
there was only one set of footprints.

Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
I don't understand why, when I needed you most,
you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child.
I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering
when you saw only one set of footprints...

That was when I carried you."


sábado, 23 de octubre de 2010

Miguelito

A boy, OR I could say a group of boys who tender up my heart. They make me want to keep going. I look at them and all I think of is love, letting love "fly like crazy."
They are my brothers, and I see how I have been blessed to be a blessing.
They have so much HOPE in them, and these boys just show there love for God.
For instance, Miguel Angel, or as every body calls him: Miguelito. As I got to know him better throughout the night, I realized how much talent and joy he has. How he chased me through the basketball court trying not to bump into the other many kids in there, I realized how "equal" or how "fifty-fifty" we are. Little did I think that realizing we were both from the same country, from the same Father, and that even though we have many differences that we all forgot we had, that my heart could break so much for him, or I should say, them. We all have different backgrounds, and we all help each other in different ways. They showed me and opened the door to the assurance that it is not about me. At some point in life we all know that, but the assurance of it brings joy to my heart. Miguelito and all the other boys brought so much joy to my life this friday and never will I forget the huge bear hugs that he gave me every time he thought they were leaving until they actually left. I didn't want to let go until he let go of me and snuggled out of my tight arms. We all became one for a night, and that is just how it should always be.

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Guess what?? Miguelito was BAPTIZED yesterday! It was so awesome!