Footprints

One night a man had a dream.

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord.

Scenes from his life flashed across the sky
and he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
one belonging to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life had flashed before him,
he recalled that at the lowest and saddest times of his life
there was only one set of footprints.

Dismayed, he asked, "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you,
you'd walk with me all the way.
I don't understand why, when I needed you most,
you would leave me."

The Lord replied, "My precious child.
I love you and I would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering
when you saw only one set of footprints...

That was when I carried you."


jueves, 9 de septiembre de 2010

Dear Daddy

Dear Daddy,
First and for most, I want to tell you how much I love you. How Much you have done in my life is amazing. Thank you for those who love me and show me your love, and I also thank you for those who don't, but make me grow. I want to
thank you for my family, who will always be there. Thank you for those who are in my life to help, and to be helped. I want to thank you for those who, even though it is hard to love, I love them and they love me back. But mostly I want to thank you for those who I feel at times like no love comes from them, but never forget how much they have given for me and how much they worry and love me.
God, I come before you as your daughter. You are the perfect Daddy I never had and never will. I want to surrender, God. I feel like I have said this so many times. I am sorry, are the three words that come out of my mouth almost every day, but today I realized that that is just how it is. I don't want any burden on me, for you are willing to carry that heaviness even if it takes for me to surrender every day. I want to forgive, I want to just give love other and be for you with no crutches around, Father. You found me and for that I am grateful. I am grateful because you have a light yolk and will always be there ready to hold mine, like you are tonight. You are just ready to listen, and hug me and hold me. And God from this moment on, as you have always been, I want to be ready to surrender. I have done this before, but I have realized it is a daily struggle. Today I have decided to forgive as well as to give up all my grudges, and of course all my whims and whines. I cease. I forgive those who persecute me from the bottom of my heart. My classmates, for it is worthless to suffer for those who don't love back. My instincts tell me to love them no matter what, but never did I realize I was not to suffer because of what they did. I am to love my enemies, but not suffer for them. I now tell you Daddy, I forgive them and every day will it be a struggle to do this, but you are my strength, my fortress, and my foundation.

1 comentario:

Tiffany Fischer dijo...

LOVE IT :)